Monday, March 31, 2008

Fantasy vs. reality....

I'm having an interesting e-mail exchange...

Superior says, "I'm not happy with X".... with the not so subtle implication that X is at least partially my fault.

I send one e-mail in reply with a couple of reasons X may have happened -- and suggesting that X was the choice of the person involved, just like Y was my choice.

Then -- I look on-line to see if X actually IS the case ---

and it isn't. This isn't a case of interpretation -- it is a case of a quick mouse-click and a small amount of counting to see if it is or is not the case..... and it isn't.

Who wants to bet that Superior won't really accept that X isn't the case?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i vote for can't be convinced.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

How about re-defines X AND mis-remembers primary document that defines X to be sX....

aargh.

Also, person having sX is fine with sX... and if X OR sX happened to others, there would be hell to pay.